Welcome to Skelly Primary's School Library
We're so happy you're here - discovering all of our wonderful resources!
Book Fair November 5-12, 2018!
Visit the Skelly Primary book fair in the library November 5-12. The book fair will be open for shopping from 7:30-8:30 a.m. and 2:30-3:30 p.m. Students visiting the book fair before or after school must be accompanied by an adult. Students who bring money to school will be called by class and will be allowed to shop during school hours. You can also shop online.
Redbud Read Aloud Awards
Skelly Primary students will have the opportunity to read and vote in the Redbud Read Aloud Award this year. The Redbud Read Aloud Award is a new program for children's books intended for pre-k through 2nd graders. The nominees are chosen by teachers, librarians, students, and children's book publishers. The following are the nominees for the 2019 Redbud Read Aloud Award:
- After the Fall by Dan Santat
- Alfie: The Turtle That Disappeared by Thyra Heder
- The Bad Seed by Jory John
- Blue vs. Yellow by Tom Sullivan
- Bonaparte Falls Apart by Margery Cuyler
- Can I Be Your Dog? by Troy Cummings
- Friends Stick Together by Hannah Harrison
- The Great Puppy Invasion by Alastair Heim
- The Little Red Fort by Brenda Maier
- Mary Had A Little Lab by Sue Fliess
- Neck & Neck by Elise Parsley
- The Rabbit Listened by Cori Doerrfeld
- Terrific Tongues by Maria Gianferrari
- We Don't Eat Our Classmates! by Ryan Higgins
- What George Forgot by Kathy Wolff
- Wordy Birdy by Tami Sauer
Students will read each book, then each class will vote for their favorite. Votes will be submitted and the winner will be announced toward the end of the school year.
Book Adventure A FREE reading motivation program for children in grades K‑8. Children create their own book lists from over 7,000 recommended titles, take multiple choice quizzes on the books they've read, and earn points and prizes for their literary successes. Book Adventure was created by and is maintained by Sylvan Learning.
Storyline This site features videos of famous actors reading favorite children's stories. This website is part of the Screen Actors Guild and the American Federation of Television and Radio Artists Foundation, which provides the free videos and activity guides. New story videos are added, so keep checking in.
The mission of the Tulsa Public Schools' Library Media Services is to promote the skills, experiences, and confidence that will enable children and young adults to use libraries and information resources for lifelong learning.
7:30 a.m. - 2:35 p.m.