Parental involvement is a combination of commitment and active participation on the part of parent to the school and to the student. As parents you can ensure that your child receives the benefits from parental involvement by staying up to date on what is happening in the classroom.
Tulsa Public Schools is committed to helping your child develop the academic knowledge and critical thinking he or she needs to succeed in school and beyond. As a result, these involvement opportunities empower parents to take action. By connecting parents to school officials, community members, other parents, knowledge, and powerful allies, these opportunities build bridges and networks that support schools and sustain whole communities.
To volunteer, please contact Mary at the front office and fill out a background check form. This form must be turned in yearly. She will also make a copy of your valid photo ID.
There are many opportunities to get involved! Please contact your child's teacher, scroll through the options here, or ask Mary at the front desk. We need you and we appreciate you!
Our Parent and Teacher Organization has a long history of helping connect our community and provide so much for our school! In addition to sponsoring events, we work hard to connect our school with the resources our students need. Every parent is automatically a member of the Skelly PTO- there are no dues! We ask that you make a commitment to attend our monthly meeting, your input is valuable to us! Please contact Tracy McBride or Jodee Jacobsen to get started.
Our reading partners are so loved in our building! We need volunteers to come help tutor our children and read with them. Our students really love making relationships with their reading partner, and celebrating their reading gains!
District Involvement Information
- Stay Connected - TPS social media and smartphone app
- Tulsa Council of PTAs
- National PTA
- Booster Clubs/PTAs sanctioned organizations
- Parents as Teachers
- Student and Family Guide to Success (includes the Behavior Response Plan)
- Achieving. Classroom Excellence (ACE) Parental Curriculum Choice Letter
- Logrando la Excelencia en el Salón de Clases Carta hacia los Padres para la Selección de Currículo
- Parent Guide | Guía para Padres
- Parents Right To Know | El Derecho a Saber de los Padres
- Parent and Family Engagement Policy
- Educational Surrogate Parents Program
- All students need parental support to succeed. The Educational Surrogate Parents Program responds to the need for support and representation of students with disabilities whose parents are not available. This program relies on the commitment of volunteers who support a student's education by advocating for him/her to ensure that the student receives a free and appropriate public education.